News & Events
This Week in IDEA | January 20, 2010
Our eNewsletter, This Week in IDEA, keeps you informed with the latest news and education about IDEA, our solutions and services, and our customers and partners. IDEA’s knowledgeable staff and other contributing writers share insights, resources and special offers to help you Unleash the power of e. Subscribe now to receive This Week in IDEA in your email inbox every other Thursday and add our RSS feed to your reader.
- New IRD CERICOMX Customers
- IDEA Releases New Corporate Brochure
- Save the Date for the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2010
- Michael Wentz Joins the IDEA Team
- IRD CERICOMX Enhancements Speed Up Synchronization Process
- NEMA Uses Video to Advocate Important Electrical Industry Topics
New IRD CERICOMX Customers
IDEA, a 1SYNC Data Pool On-Board Solution (OBS) partner, implements suppliers that subscribe to the 1SYNC data pool using IDEA's IRD CERICOMX® application. IDEA was recently assigned 11 suppliers:
- Wallace Design Group
- Earl Campbell Meat Products
- Whitehall Specialties, Inc
- Kitch’n Cook’d Potato Chip Co.
- EPI Books, LLC
- Lectent LLC/Keepeez
- Strictly from Scratch
- Into Great Brands
- Heartland bakery Company
- Pancho’s Mexican Foods, Inc
- Care Line, Inc.
These companies will be trained to use IRD CERICOMX®, an IDEA branded product for supporting and uploading supplier product information into the GS1 Registry® and GDSN via the 1SYNC Data Pool.
If you would like to find out more about the IRD CERICOMX® product, please contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDEA Releases New Corporate Brochure
Your business has changed tremendously over the last few years and IDEA’s solutions and services have transformed to meet your current business needs. Download our new corporate brochure to discover how our solutions and new direction optimize your business in today’s marketplace.
The new brochure explains how you can leverage IDEA as a business partner to help meet important objectives like these:
- Increase sales among partners looking for an easier, smoother way to do business.
- Reduce costs through standardized, synchronized processes that optimize accuracy and reliability.
- Improve business relationships through streamlined, coordinated transactions.
- Change the paradigm of labor-intensive manual tasks with innovative, automated solutions.
- Standardize and centralize data in a single database of consistent, truthful information.
Unleash the power of e – Download the new IDEA brochure
Tags for this post: news
Save the Date for the IDEA E-Biz Forum 2010
The IDEA E-Biz Forum 2010 will take place in Dallas, TX on September 20-22 at the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas. The educational sessions, user groups and training will focus on “eOptimizing Performance and Profitability” for your business. The 2010 event will provide more value to IDEA customers than ever before - mark your calendars now.
What to expect in 2010:
- More IDEA user groups and training than ever before
- Educational tracks targeted to your company type, job role and technical experience
- NEW! Educational sessions for retail manufacturers and suppliers
- Condensed agenda to conserve your time and resources
There are limited sponsorships available and only two Premiere spots so please contact Andrea Crowder at (703) 562-4655 to secure your exclusive sponsorship early. 2010 event details will be revealed on the Forum website in February.
Michael Wentz Joins the IDEA Team
Michael Wentz, formerly of Activant Solutions (www.activant.com), has joined the Sales and Marketing team as the National Sales Manager.
Wentz has more than 20 years of distribution and technology experience and has expertise in a variety of industries including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, industrial, medical, electronics, lighting, safety products, fasteners and food distribution. He has helped hundreds of distributors develop technology plans to increase sales, improve customer service, and decrease operating expenses. He also co-founded an early eBusiness venture that facilitated transaction cost reduction and information flow in the building trades supply chain.
"I see a very promising future for IDEA as a catalyst and technology leader for the channels we serve. Their industry expertise and standards-based solutions and services separate them from other service providers. In this economy, the industry needs strong, trusted business partners whose priorities were founded and refined specifically for their evolving needs," said Wentz.
Wentz is active with NAED, ALA, and ASA and has worked closely with industry marketing groups such as A-D and IMARK. He is a Marketing and Communications graduate of Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania.
You can contact him at email@example.com and (703) 562-4675. Welcome to the IDEA team!
IRD CERICOMX Enhancements Speed Up Synchronization Process
All manufacturers and suppliers that sell through the retail chain will notice huge benefits from the latest IRD CERICOMX version release 6.4. The release incorporated customer-inspired performance enhancements with the most notable being the data load speed increase.
Here are more ways IRD CERICOMX v6.4 has improved to meet the growing needs of our retail supplier customers:
- Faster data sync catalog loads for all upload files
- New Publications Wizard guides users through the publishing process
- Customized search and export functions make data modifications quick and easy
- More advance validation rules catch even more errors before data reaches the data pool
- Direct access to retailer-specific fact sheets and data synchronization guidelines
- Ability to publish and export GTIN item groups using Excel
- Faster support response times
Please contact your Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like more details on these enhancements or if you are interested in using IRD CERICOMX to synchronize your product catalogs with retailers such as Lowe’s, Ace Hardware and Walmart.
NEMA Uses Video to Advocate Important Electrical Industry Topics
NEMA’s YouTube Channel, known as NEMAVue, educates on the global impact of important electrical industry topics. They recently released a video that explains NEMA’s involvement in policy decisions, market intelligence and technology standards. Hear insights from manufacturing leaders, government officials and IDEA’s president and CEO, Bob Gaylord.
NEMA’s new 10 minute video demonstrates the association’s importance to the electrical industry, its members and policy makers through personal interviews with industry leaders. It touches on major topics affecting the industry and explains why being a NEMA member is crucial to any business in the electrical and medical imaging manufacturing sector. You will hear manufacturing executives of Hubbell, Inc., Cooper Industries and OSRAM SYLVANIA speak on their NEMA experience.
NEMAVue also features two new short videos that focus on specific topics. Jim Pauley, VP of Industry and Government Relations, Schneider Electric, discusses his view on why public policy is crucial to the electrical manufacturing industry and IDEA’s president and CEO, Bob Gaylord, shares his insights on why standards are such an important part of the way the electrical industry conducts business.